Tooth decay is one of the most common problems among children. Knowing how to avoid baby bottle tooth decay is one way to promote good oral health.
Preventing Baby Bottle Tooth Decay-
- Try to comfort or keep your baby calm without having to offer milk or sugar filled drinks; go for plain water instead.
- Milk or watered down fruit juice can increase your baby’s risk of developing decay, so make sure you don’t put him/her to bed with these drinks.
- Wipe your baby’s gums and teeth using wet cloth after every feeding to get rid of any sugar and plaque that have accumulated on gums and teeth.
- Talk to pediatric dentist about fluoride needs of your baby. There are fluoride treatments and supplements that can be provided in case drinking water is not fluoridated.
- On your baby’s 1st birthday, teach him/her to drink from a cup. Drinking from a cup minimizes teeth exposure to sugar.
Taking care of baby teeth is important in order for your child to have healthy permanent teeth and attractive smile. For more information on how to take care for baby teeth contact 7202833900